Talking about suicide, wanting to die, kill oneself
- Looking for a way to kill oneself, such as searching online or buying a gun
- Talking about feeling worthless, hopeless, or having no reason to live
- Talking about being a burden to others
- Suddenly happier and calmer, especially after a period of depression or sadness
- Giving away prized possessions
- Getting affairs in order, making arrangements
- Increasing alcohol or drug use
- Preoccupation with death
- Acting anxiously or agitated; behaving recklessly.
- Sleeping too little or too much.
- Withdrawal from or changing in social connections/situations
- Showing rage or talking about seeking revenge.
- Displaying extreme mood swings.
- Anger or hostility that seems out of character or out of context
- Recent increased agitation or irritability